Firefighters extinguished a structure fire in Redding on Monday. Inside the home, officials found over 4,500 marijuana plants.

On Monday, at 12:45 p.m., the Redding Fire Department (RFD) responded to a structure fire burning on Douglas Lane.

Units arrived and found heavy smoke coming from inside the single-story home.

RFD says they were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes and remained at the scene for around an hour for salvage and overhaul.

According to RFD, the house sustained major damage to the attic and roof. The cause of the fire was determined to be from faulty electrical wiring.

Inside the house, crews found over 4,500 marijuana plants, and it was determined the home was used as a marijuana grow site.

Redding Code Enforcement was called to the scene to take over.

The estimated cost for damages made to the building is $30,000.

Source: https://krcrtv.com/news/local/faulty-wiring-sparks-fire-at-marijuana-grow-house-in-redding