A Kent man growing weed at his Spanish villa was poisoned by fumes from a generator, an inquest heard.

Daniel Fullagar, 34, from Ashford, was discovered at his villa in Xàtiva, Valencia, on November 28, 2019.

His family had grown concerned for him after he had stopped returning their calls and messages.

After a week of no contact, and following communications with the British Embassy in Spain, his father Nick Fullagar and girlfriend Bethany Hicks flew out to try and locate him.

They accompanied Spanish police as they forced entry to his “remote” apartment, discovering him lifeless on the floor of his bedroom.

Officers also discovered more than 80 cannabis plants at the property – which were seized – and an electric generator situated in a hallway.

Assistant coroner for central and south east Kent, Scott Matthewson, who conducted the inquest at Archbishop’s Palace in Maidstone, yesterday, told the hearing that Mr Fullagar had suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from the generator

He was described by his landlord Melanie Lancaster as a “sociable and bubbly young man” who was “buzzing” after recently receiving a tax rebate.

Mr Matthewson said: “I find that at that time he was growing a crop in the villa. It seems to me that the generator was something to do with the marijuana crop.

“I find that the generator was producing carbon monoxide.

“The carbon monoxide overcame him and he died as a result of poisoning.”

However, his family say the generator was not linked to the growing of the crops.

Instead, it was being used to provide electricity at night.

More at  https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/man-growing-weed-in-spanish-villa-poisoned-by-generator-224340/